Please read our policies and contact us if you have any questions.
Similar to other commercial websites, our website utilizes a standard technology called ‘cookies’ (see our cookies policy section for more information) and server logs to collect information about how our site is used. Information gathered through cookies and server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our site, and the websites visited just before and just after our own, as well as your IP address.
This Policy sets out the conditions under which we may process any information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. It covers information that could identify you (“personal information”) and information that could not. In the context of the law and this notice, “process” means collect, store, transfer, use, or otherwise act on information.
1. We take seriously the protection of your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all visitors to our website are entitled to know that their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them, and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party.
2. Northwellmedsolutions.com undertakes to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us, and hope that you reciprocate.
3. The law requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you in regards to the processing and control of your personal data.
Northwellmedsolutions.com follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files, log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and are a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected from log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Northwellmedsolutions.com may collect personally identifiable information such as your: Name, and E-mail Address when you contact us for our services.
Northwellmedsolutions.com encourages you to review the privacy statements of websites you choose to link to from https://northwellmedsolutions.com so that you can understand how our website collects, uses, and share your information. We are not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on websites outside of the https://northwellmedsolutions.com website.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND WHY?
We may collect information about you directly from you, as well as automatically through your use of our Site or Services.
• Information We Collect Directly from You: Certain areas and features of our Site and Services require your Name, email address, and IP address.
• Information We Collect Automatically: We may automatically collect the following information about your use of our Site via some software analytics including the length of time you visit our Site and your movement through our Site.
• We may also collect the following information: device ID; location and language information.
WE DO NOT SELL, RENT OR LEASE ITS CUSTOMER LISTS TO THIRD PARTIES.
Northwellmedsolutions.com may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Northwellmedsolutions.com, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
Northwellmedsolutions.com will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) Conform to the edicts of the law or comply with the legal process served on Northwellmedsolutions.com or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Northwellmedsolutions.com; And, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of our website, or the public.
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
We are a Data Controller of your information.
• Northwellmedsolutions.com needs to perform a contract with you
• You have given Northwellmedsolutions.com permission to do so
• Processing your personal information is in Northwellmedsolutions.com’s legitimate interests
• Northwellmedsolutions.com needs to comply with the law
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. If you wish to be informed what Personal Information, we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
You are entitled to the following rights under applicable laws:
1. The right to access: you may at any time request to access your personal data. Upon request, we will provide a copy of your personal data in a commonly used electronic form.
2. The right to rectification: you are entitled to obtain rectification of inaccurate personal data and to have incomplete personal data completed.
3. The right to erase: under certain circumstances (including processing on the basis of your consent), you may request us to delete your User Data. Please note that this right is not unconditional. Therefore, an attempt to invoke the right might not lead to an action from us.
4. The right to object: to certain processing activities conducted by us in relation to your personal data, such as our processing of your personal data based on our legitimate interest. The right to object also applies to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
5. The right to data portability: you are entitled to receive your personal data (or have your personal data directly transmitted to another data controller) in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format.
HIPAA NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES
Confidentiality Of Your Health Information
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
We are required by law to maintain the privacy and security of your Protected Health Information (PHI). Protected Health Information (PHI) is information that is maintained or transmitted by Northwellmedsolutions.com, which may identify you and that relates to your past, present, or future physical or mental health condition and related health care services.
Some examples of PHI include your name, address, telephone and/or fax number, electronic mail address, social security number or other identification number, date of birth, date of treatment, treatment records, x-rays, enrollment and claims records. We receive, use and disclose your PHI to administer your benefit plan as permitted or required by law.
YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING PHI
You have the right to request an inspection of and obtain a copy of your PHI.
You may access your PHI by providing a written request. Your request must include (1) your name, address, telephone number and identification number, and (2) the PHI you are requesting.
We will provide a copy or a summary of your health and claims records, usually within 30 days of your request. We may charge a fee for the costs of copying, mailing, or other supplies associated with your request. We will only maintain PHI that we obtain or utilize in providing your health care benefits. We may not maintain some PHI, such as treatment records or x-rays after we have completed our review of that information. You may need to contact your health care provider to obtain PHI that we do not possess.
You may not inspect or copy PHI compiled in reasonable anticipation of, or use in, a civil, criminal, or administrative action or proceeding, or PHI that is otherwise not subject to disclosure under federal or state law. In some circumstances, you may have a right to have this decision reviewed.
You have the right to request a restriction of your PHI.
You have the right to ask that we limit how we use and disclose your PHI; however, you may not restrict our legal or permitted uses and disclosures of PHI. While we will consider your request, we are not legally required to accept those requests that we cannot reasonably implement or comply with during an emergency.
You have the right to correct or update your PHI.
You may request to make an amendment of PHI we maintain about you. In certain cases, we may deny your request for an amendment. If we deny your request for amendment, you have the right to file a statement of disagreement with us and we may prepare a rebuttal to your statement and will provide you with a copy of any such rebuttal within 60 days. If your PHI was sent to us by another, we may refer you to that person to amend your PHI. For example, we may refer you to your provider to amend your treatment chart or to your employer, if applicable, to amend your enrollment information.
You have rights related to the use and disclosure of your PHI for marketing.
We will obtain your authorization for the use or disclosure of PHI for marketing when required by law. You have the right to withdraw your authorization at any time. We do not use your PHI for fundraising purposes.
You have the right to request or receive confidential communications from us by alternative means or at a different address.
You have the right to request that we communicate with you in a certain way or at a certain location. For example, you can ask that we only contact you at work or by mail. We will not ask you the reason for your request. We will accommodate all reasonable requests. Your request must specify how or where you wish to be contacted.
You have the right to be notified following a breach of unsecured protected health information.
We will notify you in writing, at the address on file, if we discover we compromised the privacy of your PHI.
You have the right to choose someone to act for you.
If you have given someone medical power of attorney or if someone is your legal guardian, that person can exercise your rights and make choices about your health information. We will make sure the person has this authority and can act for you before we take any action.
OUR ADVERTISING PARTNERS
INFORMATION WE PROCESS BECAUSE WE HAVE A CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATION TO YOU
When you use our website, you agree to our terms and conditions, a contract is formed between you and us.
In order to carry out our obligations under that contract, we must process the information you give us. Some of this information may be personal information.
We may use it in order to:
1. Verify your identity for security purposes
2. Provide you with our services
3. Provide you with suggestions and advice on services and how to obtain the most from using our website.
Northwellmedsolutions.com may aggregate this information in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example, to monitor our performance with respect to a particular service we provide. If we use it for this purpose, you as an individual will not be personally identifiable. Northwellmedsolutions.com shall continue to process this information until the contract between us ends or is terminated by either party under the terms of the contract.
Except where you have consented to our use of your information for a specific purpose, we do not use your information in any way that would identify you personally. Northwellmedsolutions.com may aggregate it in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example, to monitor the performance of a particular page on our website.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by instructing us, however, if you do so, you may not be able to use our website or our services further
RETENTION PERIOD FOR PERSONAL DATA
Except as otherwise mentioned in this privacy notice, Northwellmedsolutions.com keeps your personal information only for as long as required by us:
1. To provide you with the services you have requested;
2. To comply with other laws, including for the period demanded by our tax authorities;
3. To support a claim or defense in court.
COOKIES AND WEB BEACONS
Like any other website, our website – https://northwellmedsolutions.com uses ‘cookies’. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors browser type and/or other information.
For more general information on cookies, please read “What Are Cookies” from Cookie Consent.
THIRD-PARTY PRIVACY POLICIES
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
Northwellmedsolutions.com does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
OPT-IN, OPT-OUT & UNSUBSCRIBE
• We provide users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us by reading the unsubscribe instructions located at the bottom of any e-mail they receive from us at any time or email us.
• We respect your privacy and give you an opportunity to opt-out of receiving announcements of certain information. Users may opt-out of receiving any or all communications from Northwellmedsolutions.com by contacting us here:
• Web page: https://northwellmedsolutions.com
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
All copyrights, trademarks, patents, and other intellectual property rights in and on our website and all content and software located on the site shall remain the sole property of Northwellmedsolutions.com or its licensors. The use of our trademarks, content, and intellectual property is forbidden without express written consent from us.
You must not:
• Republish material from our website without prior written consent.
• Sell or rent material from our website.
• Reproduce, duplicate, create derivative, copy or otherwise exploit material on our website for any purpose.
• Redistribute any content from our website, including onto another website.
You agree to use our website only for lawful purposes and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of the website. Prohibited behavior includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any other user within our website. You must not use our website to send unsolicited commercial communications. You must not use the content on our website for any marketing related purpose without our express written consent.
THIRD PARTY ANALYTICS
We use automated devices and applications, to evaluate usage of our Site and, to the extent permitted, our Services. We also may use other analytic means to evaluate our Services. We use these tools to help us improve our Services, performance, and user experiences. These entities may use tracking technologies to perform their services.
VERIFICATION OF YOUR INFORMATION
When we receive any request to access, edit or delete personally identifiable information, we shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or otherwise taking any action. This is important to safeguard your information.
ENCRYPTION OF DATA SENT BETWEEN US
Our website uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to verify our identity to your browser and to encrypt any data you give us. Whenever information is transferred between us, you can check that it is done so using SSL by looking for a closed padlock symbol or other trust mark in your browser’s URL bar or toolbar.
HOW YOU CAN COMPLAIN
Northwellmedsolutions.com may update this privacy notice from time to time as necessary. The terms that apply to you are those posted here on our website on the day you use our website. We solely advise you to print a copy for your records.
• To track how you use our website
• To record whether you have seen specific messages we display on our website
• To keep you signed in to our site
• To record your answers to surveys and questionnaires on our site while you complete them
• To record the conversation thread during a live chat with our support team
Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to an individual’s computer hard drive for record keeping purposes. Cookies make using our Site easier by, among other things, saving your passwords and preferences for you. These cookies are restricted for use only on our Site and do not transfer any personal information to any other party.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You can, however, reset your browser to refuse all cookies or indicate when a cookie is being sent. Please consult the technical information relevant to your browser for instructions. If you choose to disable your cookies setting or refuse to accept a cookie, some parts of the Site may not function properly or may be considerably slower.
PERSONAL IDENTIFIERS FROM YOUR BROWSING ACTIVITY
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by Northwellmedsolutions.com. This information can include your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times, and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain the quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the https://northwellmedsolutions.com website.
Requests by your web browser to our servers for web pages and other content on our website are recorded.
Our website records information such as your geographical location, your Internet service provider, and your IP address. We also record information about the software you are using to browse our websites, such as the type of computer or device and the screen resolution.
Northwellmedsolutions.com uses this information in aggregate to assess the popularity of the web pages on our website and how we perform in providing content to you.
USE OF RE-MARKETING
Re-marketing involves placing a cookie on your computer when you browse our website in order to be able to serve to you an advert for our services when you visit some other website.
If you would like to: access, correct, register a complaint, or simply want more information please contact us.